I got a phone call from my aunt and I have to say, it made my year. My self-confidence gets really low at times and peaks at others, but rarely does someone praise me quite like my aunt did today. She told me that I have all the doors open in front of me and that I have my whole life ahead of me. She said she was confident that I would do well in life and that I always show respect to my family, even though sometimes they may not deserve it for one reason or another.
It really shocked me, after the call, when I realized that my own family never praises me for what I do. Yet, my aunt whom I only see once or twice a year, gave me full emotional support. Its funny how family seems to pay no attention to the good you do in life, but somehow emphasizes the negative things until they seem so big they will eat you alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment